Day 3 took us to Stillwater, one of our favorite Minnesota cities, to explore Teddy Bear Park with our very dear friends, the H family. This was no ordinary park for the 7-years-old and under crowd. Greeting us near the entrance was this huge granite teddy bear.
This smaller granite bear resided in the ampitheatre. Isn’t he cute? If only he were fuzzier…
Linnea tests the zip line.
Our little climbers requested this shot. It was hard to tell where the faux rock wall ended and the real rock bluff began. Pretty amazing!
I can’t resist another picture with Fuzzy Wuzzy.
Time to speed away from Teddy Bear Park…
And enjoy a scoop of ice cream while watching the lift bridge over the St. Croix River.
Check back tomorrow for Day 4!
“Never have I asked an August sky, ‘Where has last July gone?’ “
That’s one of my favorite lines in the song “Many A New Day” from Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musical Oklahoma.
Here’s where July went for our family:
- 4 more sailing trips
- 2 trips to the beach
- 1 trip to the Culpepper & Merriweather Circus
- 1 teddy bear tea party
- 1 trip to the Arboretum
- 1 evening playing in the sprinkler
- 1 trip to Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater, Minn.
- 1 Tiny Party that was BIG fun
- 2 birthday parties
- 1 trip to Lowry Nature Center
- 1 church picnic
- 1 Teddy Bear Band Concert in the park
- 1 trip to Sonic Drive-In
- 1 trip to Build-A-Bear Workshop
- 1 visit to see newly hatched Bantam chicks
- 1 beautiful wedding & fun reception
- 3 trips to various playgrounds at nearby parks
- 1 trip to the community center pool
- 1 paddle boat excursion at Centennial Lakes
- countless picnics
Perhaps you notice a re-occurring theme? Teddy bears! I’m putting together a more detailed post complete with pictures of our Teddy Bear Stay-cation. (That’s like a vacation, only you don’t leave town.) Stay tuned for that post later this week!