On Day 2 of our stay-cation, we ventured to one of our favorite parks to hear the Teddy Bear Band live in concert. It’s BYOB, of course. Bring your own bear. So Sassy and Brownie came along for the fun. Good thing they have thick fur — this July was the coldest on record in Minnesota.
Laurel does her Elvis impression.
This is Panda, who lead our girls and dozens of other small, bear-toting kids in a dancing train around the park. Laurel loved this but was disappointed that she did not actually ever get to hug Panda. Maybe next year.
For a minute, the Hokey Pokey really was what it’s all about.
Bear! Bear! Bear in the air!
What goes up, oh you know, must come down.
Stay tuned for Day 3 of our Teddy Bear Stay-cation!
“Never have I asked an August sky, ‘Where has last July gone?’ “
That’s one of my favorite lines in the song “Many A New Day” from Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musical Oklahoma.
Here’s where July went for our family:
- 4 more sailing trips
- 2 trips to the beach
- 1 trip to the Culpepper & Merriweather Circus
- 1 teddy bear tea party
- 1 trip to the Arboretum
- 1 evening playing in the sprinkler
- 1 trip to Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater, Minn.
- 1 Tiny Party that was BIG fun
- 2 birthday parties
- 1 trip to Lowry Nature Center
- 1 church picnic
- 1 Teddy Bear Band Concert in the park
- 1 trip to Sonic Drive-In
- 1 trip to Build-A-Bear Workshop
- 1 visit to see newly hatched Bantam chicks
- 1 beautiful wedding & fun reception
- 3 trips to various playgrounds at nearby parks
- 1 trip to the community center pool
- 1 paddle boat excursion at Centennial Lakes
- countless picnics
Perhaps you notice a re-occurring theme? Teddy bears! I’m putting together a more detailed post complete with pictures of our Teddy Bear Stay-cation. (That’s like a vacation, only you don’t leave town.) Stay tuned for that post later this week!