Here’s the math:
- 3 sailing trips
- 1 swim in the lake
- 2 tea parties
- 1 night at the movies to see Up!
- 4 Arboretum trips
- 1 piano recital
- 2 fishing trips
- 1 afternoon at the Old Log Theatre to see Treasure Island
- 5 nights of Vacation Bible School
- 1 afternoon playing in the sprinkler and eating popsicles
- 2 afternoons playing in the backyard kiddy pool
- 1 family gathering with BBQ and bubble wands
- 1 family gathering with Bailey the Dog and Chinese food
- 2 fun get-togethers friends who feel like family
- countless picnics and park visits
All this and just one bee sting! Of course, I must mention that I was stung immediately upon entering the Arboretum. The bee flew into the van, stung me and flew back out all in the 15 seconds it took me to show my membership card to the guy at the entrance gate. Welcome to the Arboretum! Ouch!
Notably, Michael was hundreds of miles away on his four-day, guys-only trip to the Boundary Waters when my arm started swelling up. The pain only lasted a few hours, despite the fact that I did none of the five post-bee-sting treatment steps spelled out on www.surviveoutdoors.com. I just sat on a park bench, watched the girls play and tried to avoid the wasp that kept lingering nearby.
Despite leaving us alone to fend off the bees and wasps, and despite coming home with lots of smelly, fishy laundry, Michael did get some royal treatment on Father’s Day.
And here’s one of our tea parties; Aunt Lilac and Great Gramma were our special guests.
One thought on “Summer Adds Up”
I miss you! Love the pics, especially the one of Michael and the girls. I so would have been over for some fruit pizza had we been in town. Yum!! Josiah is absolutely loving summer being at Grandpa and Grandma’s. I’ll email and send you a few pics of what he’s been up to down here.