Colossians 4:2 says, “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” And that’s just the aim of this month-long endeavour of discovering crazy joy by counting gifts, thanking and praising God, and by encouraging you to thank and praise Him, too.
Tuesday’s theme: three gifts begun
1. her newest composition on the piano
2. first plans and practices for the church’s Christmas program
3. laundry loads and house cleaning for another round of showings
Wednesday’s theme: three gifts accomplished
1. laundry loads and house cleaning for another round of showings
2. the day’s schoolwork with 1st grader and 4th grader tucked into a mostly quiet room at the public library
3. the 7-year-old’s stellar swimming feats that move her up two class levels
Today’s theme: three gifts enjoying
1. listening to her play “Swiss Music Box” in the highest G position
2. the season’s first snow falling, steaming hot cinnamon plum tea in my cup, a new grey flannel shirt and the lovely new multi-colored scarf my 9-year-old crocheted just for me
3. Bible study on spiritual maturity in Deepening Your Roots in God’s Family
In case you haven’t heard already, the theme for each day’s gifts comes from the Joy Dare calendar at Ann Voskamp’s blog: A Holy Experience. Don’t miss this post, which includes the trailer for Ann’s newest release: One Thousand Gifts Small Group DVD Study. It was filmed at her family farm in Canada!