“God gives gifts and I give thanks and I unwrap the gift given: joy.”
This month of counting gifts continues, and it’s half over already!
Friday’s theme was small, smaller and smallest gifts.
1. small black Juncos skittering on the patio
2. four smaller hands diligently helping me clean house for a showing
3. the smallest ones reciting their memory verses in our small group Bible study
Saturday’s theme was three gifts read.
1. the pastor reading First Corinthians 13:4-8 to the beautiful bride and groom as a light mist fell softly on the crowd of umbrellas
2. the bride’s kind thank-you note
3. my husband reading aloud Proverbs 31:10-31 during family devotions
Sunday’s theme was three gifts said.
1. her thoughtful answer to the teacher’s questions about Genesis 3
2. the 4th grade boy’s prayer at the end of Sunday School
3. “I’m going to the barn. Want to meet me there?”
Today’s theme is three gifts re-read.
1. Gail Gibbons’ book Horses!
2. her kind, gracious words in an e-mail
3. a sweet poem written just for me by a lovely 9-year-old